Co-founder and Principal Consultant
A Mechanical Engineer by qualification, a Façade & Fenestration Engineer by practice, and an out-of-the-box thinker by thoughts. That’s Raj for you.
Raj started his career as a Graduate Engineer Trainee, and he was mentored by global industry experts and a qualified façade engineer. He has spent over a decade working for the best organizations in the industry, across the value chain, right from enquiry to handover of installed windows and doors. His experience in the façade & fenestration segment includes both B2C and B2B exposure.
His area of expertise spans across the spectrum:
- Product Strategy & Roadmap
- Product Design, Development & Testing for fenestration products (sliders, casement, sliding-folding etc.)
- Costing & Estimation
- Installation & Sales Operations
- Project Management
- Process Improvement
- Codes & Regulation
- Training & Audit
- Shopfloor Improvement Program
Raj is passionate about making a meaningful positive impact on façade & fenestration industry, company, society, and environment through strong teamwork, collaboration-network and learning orientation.
During the course of his illustrious career with a proven track record, Raj has acquired the skills to develop products, processes, and services. He has in-depth knowledge of implementing various techniques and quality/safety standards to improve product quality with cost savings. Beyond the technical skills, he is adept at managing teams with a clear focus on the optimal utilization of the resources. His result-oriented approach has helped him streamline the working SOPs for enhanced operational effectiveness.
Raj loves to innovate with his fresh thinking. He is motivated by challenges and loves to solve complex & relevant problems. He believes in data-driven leadership and uses engineering tools to make the complex door window related work simple and easy. He endeavours to make things simple, scalable and replicable for the industry.
- He is a green belt in six sigma with distinction through an internationally recognised institute.
- At Nitson & Amitsu, he moved from being a Graduate Engineer Trainee to Assistant Engineer-Planning & Coordination in just a year. During his tenure, he delivered some landmark projects for high profile clients like Porsche Showroom Gurgaon, ITM University Gurgaon.
- At Kawneer India (an Alcoa Company, now part of Arconic), he witnessed a 120% compensation growth as an Estimator. He was awarded the Performer of the Year in 2016. Apart from estimation, he was also involved in the Manufacturing Excellence Program for Fabricators, Product Development, and Training to Fabricators and Installers. Global management appreciated the initiatives like 1P1C, 5S implementation at fabricator’s shop floor, structured approach of product development outside EU and NA. He guided the interns from IIT Kharagpur and NICMAR Pune to deliver TQM and Project Management Module for Indian door window industry.
- At AIS Windows (a division of Asahi India Glass Solutions), he created user-friendly interfacing tools for inter and intra department communication keeping deep customer satisfaction in mind. He also developed the hybrid service model for AIS Windows. He led initiatives like AIS Installer Certification Program, Post Installation Waste Management at the site, team tracking, and mobile apps. He improved the Net Promoter Score through continuous technical training & development of the installation team. Rewarded and appreciated by management for his dedication, quality work and industry leading initiatives.
- Within 9 months of joining Eternia (a venture of Hindalco Industries Limited), he represented the company as an active member of Working Groups of BIS under CED11 to bring an inclusive Indian standard for aluminium door & windows.